The newest Aiden adventure at our house is planning the big birthday. We decided he would have a friend party this year (it's always been just family previously). Rule of thumb I hear is one kid for each year of your child's age. That would mean 4 friends. Since this was my first ever child's birthday party I planned I was nervous and decided to outsource it. Well when you outsource a party the party place usually requires a minimum number of kids. We picked PlayWorks who's minimum is 10. To be fair and to be sure we got at least 10 kids we decided to invite his entire pre-school class. Yes, that is 34 children! I was soooo nervous that all would show up but now that I am waiting for RSVPs I am wondering if we will even get 10. So far three other kids in his class also have January birthdays. Two of them aren't coming but one who's birthday is actually the same day as Aiden's will be there. So far we have three that RSVP'd to be there. Aiden's birthday is coming up so that also means "the coldest week of winter in MN" is also coming up. In the last 4 years that has never failed us. I'll post later on any couch or birthday news. And then I can start blogging as to why my background is the beach!
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Couch and Birthday stuff
Well yesterday we went over to the Hannan's and tried to help her birth the new couch into the basement via the window. First Brock just had to try the stairs again but alas it didn't work. He left it stuck in there while he worked away at the window. Only way to the basement was to body surf down and over the couch - which I did and almost got stuck in the corner - I was laughing so hard I was crying. Gayle got a picture of me but I was able to right myself and sit like a lady before she could snap it. Good thing she didn't get the one of me on my belly sliding down the couch with legs and arms flailing. The whole purpose of that was so we could get the couch back out of the stairway and watch Brock work. He broke the window a little bit and decided the only way to get it in there was to take the entire window out - frame and all. Then replace the window with a new one. He is researching new windows today and if he can find the odd size in stock somewhere he will replace it for her. For now the couch is still mocking Gayle sitting in the garage. But the smaller pieces are in the basement so she finally has somewhere to rest between Wii events.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment