Monday, January 12, 2009
Getting ready
We are getting ready for Aiden's birthday. Today when I picked him up from school he updated all the adults he saw as follows..."one more day until my birthday!", then "I'm bringing cookies tomorrow because it's my birthday (yikes! not cookies - it's cupcakes) and lastly..."you know why it's snowing today? because it's almost my birthday!" After swimming today Aiden had a professional hair cut. No more buzz cuts from dad since it's so cold out. Then we went to Rainbow for the cupcales (the other mother who is also bringing cupcakes for her daughter's birthday made sure to mention they could be store bought - whew). Brock also bought some tenderloins for dinner tonight. They were delicious. We decided that was mom's birthday treat (celebrating this time 4 years ago being in labor and not able to eat for 24 hours). Then we decided at the last minute (Aiden did) that he needed a birthday cake. Well of course he does. Even though he will have one on Saturday at his party he should definitely have one on the day of. Twist my arm - who doesn't know how much I like cake? Aiden helped me make it and it's baking right now. I'm not sure if that's cruel or nice to have a 4 year old make his own cake. He really, really wanted to help. So far we have 5 "yes's" to his party and 3 "no's on the RSVP's to his party". Five is a great number. For awhile there I was afraid no one would come - now I am back to - What if EVERYONE shows up? That's the nice thing about out souring the work. :-) I only have a few more hours of saying I have a 3 yr old. It seems like a big jump from baby to boy going from 3 to 4. So I am saying it often. Aiden doesn't mind since it's the truth. Tomorrow we are meeting the Hannans for dinner at Red Robin. Aiden's choice. We will bring Gavin's gift that I hope will come in useful on his plane trip to G'ma and G'pas (the Wall-E movie).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment