Sunday, May 6, 2012

Glamping shouldn't include snakes

It finally happened.  Having a boy I knew the day would come some day.  Aiden held a snake from the "wild".  He didn't catch it himself, Ben caught it and gave it to him.  Oh, lovely.  Thanks a LOT!  Brock was a good dad and showed him how to properly grab the snake so it can't bite you (as easily).  Notice the manly gloves on Aiden.  I don't know if I'll be able to use my gardening gloves again after this.  Luckily it didn't take too much convincing for Aiden to release the snake in the field.  This was after asking repeatedly if he could keep it. The snake got pretty stinky in the bucket so maybe that helped change his mind.



 Now glamping should and does include martini's.  This is my friend Shannon who wanted to try this s'mores martini recipe.  It is complicated but looked interesting.  Around the rim of the glass there is marshmallow fluff, cocoa powder and graham cracker crumbs.  Then you take a torch and "roast" the marshmallow rim.  That part of the drink was delicious!  The drink itself was VERY strong.

There was a "super moon" this weekend.  We got to see some of it on Saturday night.  There were storms and rain at the campground but not for too long.  It looks like it was worse at home.  I can't wait for the warmer weather and boat/pool season.

No comments: