Friday, January 2, 2009
We're baaack
Since I haven't been posting too hot and heavy lately maybe you didn't miss me. That's ok. This week the computer and I have been sick. Both with viruses. Yes, believe it or not *my* computer had a virus. And it was a BAD one. A new variant that kept re-infecting even as I was working on removing it. I even had the vendor stumped for awhile and I think I was the first to introduce them to this virus. So thanks to my problem you are all saved (ha ha). I spent my sick time at home sleeping and working on the darn machine. My virus was simple strep. AGAIN. And I'm not blaming anyone...(wink,wink). After a too, too many hours working on it we decided to rebuild. Make it faster, stronger, better. Well no, not the million dollar machine. The only "improvement" if you can call it that is that we changed to Vista from XP in order to make the mirrored raid controller work like it's supposed to. It basically works like an instant backup of your hard drive to another. If one fails you should be able to unplug it and other will take over. Since it didn't work exactly like that during this problem Brock spent another many, many hours trying to re-load without re-doing everything. We always had our data - thank goodness. He finally determined that Vista would help. So now it's late on Friday and I am just getting to know my "new" friend. I thought I would post a quickie and get to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment