
Wow, I can't believe the entire week already flew by since the fun-filled cousin weekend. We had lots of fun. The boys picked out the exact same toys at Chuck E. Cheese (thank goodness). It was a bit overwhelming with all the cheapie little stuff they could get and they could get anything because we racked up a lot of tickets. They decided on beetles, spiders and a snake each. Good thing Grandma from the lake wasn't there! She HATES snakes. Even toy ones. Milo (the puppy) had great fun chasing them around he had some good naps that weekend. The boys found they could escape from him by sitting on the playset in the basement. Milo would keep running up the plastic slide, half way there, then slide back down (no traction). He would do it over and over to get to his playmates. Then of course the boys would come down and run around the basement with big belly laughs and screaming as the dog tackled them. It was cute. Saturday night Brock and I previewed the 3D version of "Journey to the Center of the Earth" to make sure it was ok for pre-schoolers. We decided there was only one really scary part (Brock actually jumped and screamed, but don't tell him I told you that). Not scary so much as a shock. So the next morning the boys donned the 3D glasses and watched. They didn't react to the really cool effects like we did - when the water looks like it's dropping on you, etc. I was surprised at that. Oh yeah, and Typhoid Gavin struck again. He was a little sick that weekend (a nap both days without a word). Looking at those big brown eyes when tucking him into bed - how can one NOT give him a good-night kiss? I thought I only got him on the forehead but I don't know. So I have been sick all week now too. My own fault.
This morning was a winter wonderland outside. An inch or two of snow on the ground. It was so pretty. We went from summer to winter in 48 hours. Aiden saw the snow and said "IS IT MY BIRTHDAY ??!!" He figured it must be winter time so it must be his birthday. I try to explain that his birthday is the coldest week of the year (not the snowiest). On January 13, 2005 through the next week it was -30F factoring in the wind chill. So Brock explained his birthday is two months away. Now he keeps saying "my birthday is in two more weeks" (sigh).
The night-time cold medicine is starting to kick in.....better go...zzzzzzzz.
1 comment:
Nothing better than a fun cousin weekend. So cute!
Post a Comment