Monday, August 24, 2009

Camping, Itasca, Mississippi, and Bob.

We made it back from camping up near Itasca with the Hannans. It was a lot of fun! I really hope Gayle has some good pics from the headwaters since my camera battery died I didn't get one photo of that part. Despite the chilly water the boys walked through the "river" then tried crossing over the slippery rocks. I held my breath watching thinking they would fall and crack their heads open. Gavin got soaked from head to toe but toughed out the rest of the day. The sandy feet may have bothered him but the cold didn't seem to.


This is sunset from the beach at our campground. It's near camp site "G". It's a creepy site with a camper trailer there but looked deserted. It was the only camp site in that area near the lake. I was too afraid to take a picture of the camper. It had a serial killer feeling but great view.
This is the same beach area but from the private dock. We didn't get arrested.
View from the campground common area.
Brother's-in-law, Brock and Dave. They made it out without killing each other. Actually they were very good. They are worse when at Grandma and Grandpa's house.

Here is Aiden and "Bob". This is Aiden's first frog catch ever. I don't know why I was surprised when he chased after it and caught it repeatedly. First thing he did was name him Bob. Second thing he did was ask me where we will keep him. Needless to say he let Bob free to be with his own family. I had to explain how mean it would be if some giant captured Aiden (and I held my hands as if I had a little Aiden in them) and wouldn't let him free to be with his family. There was no more discussion after that. He set him free without another word....except later I heard "I miss Bob". sigh.



And I could just kick myself. GAVIN HELD BOB TOO!! I was so concerned that Bob would jump out of Gavin's hands and we wouldn't get a picture that I didn't get a picture. I wanted him to put a hand over the frog so he wouldn't jump out but I think we were all so amazed that he was actually holding a frog that we didn't get a pic in time. But I will attest the the fact that Gavin happily held a frog. And the frog was GROSS looking. Since when do they have red spots? Is that bad? They washed their hands right away afterwards.

No comments: