One word sums up the trip..."WOW!" or maybe "fantabulous" - is that a word? We all had the best time ever in Aruba. It is hot and windy every day. And thank goodness for the wind because it would be too hot. Aiden was in paradise from the word go because guess what folks...they have reptiles ALL OVER THE PLACE. I had to scare him off from them a little because he would chase huge iguanas and want to touch them. The lizards just walk around the hotel pool, streets, etc without a care in the world. It was a kind of cool. Well, until we went to the helicopter place where evidently people feed the lizards. Aiden was holding something bright green (NOT lettuce) and the lizards, iguanas, etc would rush him...like 5 at a time. Freaked the heck out of me and I grabbed him and ran. Then we finally figured out why they were doing it. The supposed food. We hid the item and we were fine. Speaking of helicopter place. We rode a helicopter around the island. Yep, the two chickens (Aiden and Ali) agreed to do it. Brock had asked me the night before after I had a few drinks and it sounded like such a wonderful idea. Aiden, who only had fruit punch I swear thought it sounded good too - until the next day when we had to make plans to get there. After some discussion and finally a bribe we got him to go. I was thinking at this point I needed a bribe too. Flashes of jewelry danced through my head the whole way there. As soon as we were up in the air Aiden said to us in the headsets "this is SO fun!" and had a grin from ear to ear the entire time. Afterwards while on the ground he talked for a mile a minute about lizards and helicopters for about an hour. Must have had a bit of adrenaline rush. I loved the ride too. It was soooo much better than an airplane. Very smooth. No jewelry required.





3 comments:
Good pictures, I am glad I don't have to think of you being warm and toasty while we are so cold and snowy.
Great pix. Sounds like loads of fun and the 'high light' lizards. Yuck!!!
So glad you got to go on your dream vacation. I loved the picture of Brock and Aiden. Boys do love those lizards! :)
Post a Comment